Achilles Tendonitis Treatment
Request An Appointment
Achilles tendonitis is a condition that causes pain and inflammation in the Achilles tendon. The Achilles tendon is the large tendon located at the back of the ankle. Achilles tendonitis can be caused by overuse, injury, or even arthritis.
Achilles tendonitis treatment for this condition typically includes rest, ice, and physical therapy. Our feet specialists are keen to ensure that you have the best treatment at affordable costs.
Best Podiatrist Treatment Services
There are several things that can lead to the development of Achilles tendonitis. These include:
- Overuse: Repeated use of the Achilles tendon can cause it to become irritated and inflamed. This is often seen in athletes who do a lot of running or jumping.
- Injury: A direct blow to the Achilles tendon can cause it to become inflamed. This is often seen in people who play contact sports.
- Arthritis: This condition can cause inflammation in the tendons, which can lead to Achilles tendonitis.
Whatever the cause, we have a foot specialist who will help find the ideal solution to the problem. Contact us and start your treatment plan.
Best Achilles Tendinitis Treatment
Achilles tendonitis can be treated in a number of ways including:
- Surgery: If it appears that your tendon is actually torn, your podiatrist may recommend achilles tendinitis surgery to repair it. This can potentially take some time to heal and is generally the last recommended form of treatment if other treatments have not been successful.
- Medication: Your podiatrist may prescribe medicine to relive pain or inflammation. Sometimes over the counter drugs are all that is needed to fix the problem (eg. Ibuprofen or Naproxen).
- Physical Therapy: Physiotherapists can suggest either regular exercises that strengthen end retrain the leg and feet muscles. They can also create custom orthotics or inner soles that help the patient to stand and walk correctly, and will correct the misalignment of their feet and legs over time.
In any case, the best course of action is always to have a consultation with an expert to correctly diagnose the issue to see if it is indeed achilles tendinitis. Book your appointment with one of our chiropodist today to better understand your options and the best path forward.
Contact Us to Schedule an Appointment
Our podiatrists are experienced in treating Achilles tendonitis and can create a treatment plan that is best for you. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.