Ingrown Toenail Treatment (Onychocryptosis) Hong Kong
Request An Appointment
At one point or another, you may suffer from an ingrown toenail. Besides being embarrassing, this can be a painful condition that limits your activities. Toes are susceptible to becoming ingrown when they’re constantly jammed into shoes that are too tight or when they’re subject to trauma, such as stubbing your toe. We are happy to provide ingrown toenail treatment in Hong Kong.
Ingrown toenails can also be caused by fungal infections, diabetes, and circulatory problems. If you have an ingrown toenail, you may notice swelling, redness, and pain in your toe. You may also see pus or drainage. If the condition is left untreated, it can lead to infection.
What Causes Ingrown Toenails?
There are several factors that can contribute to ingrown toenails, including:
- Wearing shoes that don’t fit properly. Shoes that are too tight or have pointed toes can put pressure on your toenails and cause them to grow into the skin.
- Having thick or curved toenails. This makes it more likely that your toenails will grow into the skin.
- Trauma to the toenail. This can happen if you stub your toe or drop something on your foot.
- Having a fungal infection. This can make your toenails thicker and more likely to grow into the skin.
- Having diabetes or poor circulation. These conditions can make it difficult for your body to fight infection.
If you have any of these risk factors, be sure to take care of your feet and see a podiatrist if you develop any problems.
How Our Ingrown Toenail Treatment Works
The first step in ingrown toenail treatment is to clean the area and remove any pus or drainage. We will then numb the area with a local anesthetic. Once the toe is numb, we will gently loosen the nail from the skin and trim it back. We may also place a splint on your toe to keep it from moving and allow it to heal properly.
If you have a recurrent problem with ingrown toenails, we may recommend a surgical procedure to remove the nail permanently. This is typically done as an outpatient procedure and does not require a hospital stay.
It is important to note that our treatment is non-invasive and will not require any stitches. There is also no need for a cast or crutches. You will be able to walk immediately following the procedure.
If you have an ingrown toenail, don’t wait to get treatment. We love keeping our patients in the best shape and as such, we will not only provide the treatment, but also advice on how to take care of your feet to prevent future problems.
Talk to Us
If you think you may have an ingrown toenail, don’t delay in seeking treatment. Our experienced podiatrists can provide the care you need. Give us a call to book an appointment for the best ingrown toenail treatment in Hong Kong. You will love every bit of our services.